TheMathCompany provides Data Analytics and Decision Science solutions and services to global customers. While carrying out our business operations, we take utmost care and due diligence to ensure that Privacy aspects of every individual who interacts with us, as well as our solutions and services, are taken care of, by design and by default, in alignment with all applicable laws and regulations.
There are a few avenues and ways where personal information is collected and used by TheMathCompany for fair and legal business purposes. The sections below explain what personal data we collect and what we do with it. It also explains how the rights of every individual whose personal information we are dealing with, is effectively protected, and fulfilled.
OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY ACTS AND REGULATIONS:
We as an organization are committed to adoption of standards, frameworks, and good practices to enhance our Data protection framework and compliance. We are committed towards the applicable Privacy acts and regulations of the countries and regions where we conduct our business and offer our Solutions & Services, including the European Union (EU) regulation, GDPR. We have also established strong Information Security and Data Protection frameworks within our business operations including a strong Information Security Management System certified towards ISO/IEC 27001 framework.
If you have any questions contact us at email@example.com.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
OUR ROLE AS DATA CONTROLLER:
We collect and process personal information as a Data Controller, in the following areas:
- As part of our Marketing and Sales process, to market and sell our Solutions and Services During your visit to our website, either through designated web-forms or through automated means such as cookies.
- As a part of the Visitor management processes, in our office facilities.
- TheMathCompany website collects only web browser and operating details that are picked up on Google Analytics.
- We also collect and process personal information as a part of our internal processes such as HR and Payroll, and the policies and controls governing the same are established internally within the organization.
OUR ROLE AS DATA PROCESSER:
We collect and process personal information as a Data Processor, in the following contexts:
- TheMathCompany provides Data Analytics and Decision Science solutions to our global customers. Though TheMathCompany does not engage individuals directly nor collect personal information directly from them in this process, some personal information is collected by our solutions and processed. Such processing is carried out, entirely on behalf of our customers.
- TheMathCompany acts as Data Processor of Personal information, to the extent of, and strictly bound and governed by the specific Statement of Work (SOW) and Data Processing Agreement (DPA) with our customers.
Most browsers are set up to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to have your browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or you can change your settings to refuse to accept some or all cookies. However, please note that if you change your browser settings to block essential cookies you may not be able to access parts of our website.
For more information please read our cookies policy
TheMathCompany does not provide services or offer solutions to, nor engages or recruits/employs children under the age of 18. Hence, as a Data Controller, there are no avenues where TheMathCompany collects or processes personal data of person below 18.
By default, even as a Data Processor, we do not receive and/or process personal data of children below 18, from our customers. If we discover that we have received any personal information from/about a child under the age of 18 in violation of this policy, we will remove the information. If you believe we have received any information from or about anyone under the age of 18, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we collect your personal information?
As a Data Controller we collect personal information in the following ways:
- Details collected through specific web-forms on our website during your visit to our website: The information collected through these web-forms usually includes non- sensitive information such as Name, Country, Organization, Job Title, Department, Business and/or personal email ids, Contact numbers and Resumes.
- Technical and other details are automatically collected during your visit to our website. This information is generally limited to information in Cookies, IP address, Web browser details. Any additional information collected in specific cases will be bound by specific notification and consent from you.
- We may collect your personal information through various sources such as our marketing platforms like HubSpot and Instapaper as well as external sources such as LinkedIn and Zoho Marketing Hub, as a part of our Marketing and Sales process.
- As a part of our recruitment process, we may also collect your personal information from other sources such as LinkedIn and Job Portals. In addition to the personal information for identification mentioned above, specific details such as Education, Qualification, Family, Employment and Salary details may also be sought from you and recorded during the process, subject to specific consent from your side for the same.
As a Data Processor, we may receive personal information via our global customers, as a part of, and as required for the fulfilment of our Solution and/or Service commitments to them. All the data collection through such processes is strictly governed by the specific Scope of Work and Data Processing Agreement with the customers.
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
As per context we may collect, store, use and disclose your personal information to authorised personnel for the following purposes:
- Your personal data collected through our web-forms will be used only for the designated purposes, for which it was collected, and for purposes for which your consent was taken.
- The technical and related user end data collected will be used for the following purposes:
- Ensuring customized and optimum presentation and performance of our website.
- Monitoring and analysing to ensure effective and efficient system performance and
- usage of our website and related services.
- Identification and proactive handling of any technical issues.
- Troubleshooting and support purposes.
- The data collected for recruitment purpose will only be used for the purpose and processes related to the same, as per the consent received from you, and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- The data stored in TheMathCompany systems is subject to periodic backup. The backup data is further used/processed only for the following purposes:
- Troubleshooting and data recovery purposes.
- Backup and Recovery testing/verifications.
- We do not profile users or monitor the behaviour of users using the personal information either manually or in any automatic manner, for any purpose other than legitimately required as a part of delivering and supporting the designated service from us.
- We do not use personal data collected/provided to us for any purpose other than:
- Those for which specific consent has been received from you, and
- Those which are explicitly included in our formal data processing agreement with our Customers as Data controllers.
- Personal information collected for Marketing and Sales purposes will be used only for legitimate business purposes, in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations, subject specific aspects such as:
- Demonstrable relevance, context, and value of the communication to you.
- Explicit consent sought from you at first contact to continue the conversation.
- TheMathCompany may, from time to time, send email regarding our products and services to users who have registered their interest with us.
DATA STORAGE, TRANSFER AND RETENTION:
TheMathCompany takes data security including that of personal data very seriously. A robust information Security Management System (ISMS) is established within TheMathCompany that governs the systems and practices. This ISMS is established and managed in alignment with global best practices and certified towards ISO/IEC 27001:2013 standard. The system is subject to strong controls including ongoing monitoring, periodic security testing, internal/external audits, and verifications.
We contractually require our agents like Google Analytics, Zoho Marketing, service providers, and affiliates who may process our data to provide the same level of protection as required under this policy and applicable laws and regulations.
DATA STORAGE AND TRANSFER:
The data collected will be stored in physical and/or cloud-based Servers and Databases owned and managed by TheMathCompany and/or our customers.
The data might be stored and/or transferred within or outside the region of collection, to fulfil the agreed and lawful processing. However, any transfer of data outside the region of data subjects will be done in compliance with the applicable Privacy acts and regulations.
- Personal Information will not be retained for a period more than necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy statement unless a longer retention period is required by law or for directly related legitimate business purposes.
- The retention of customer specific data including personal data in our systems will be limited to the terms agreed in our contracts/agreements with our customers, as well as the requirements in applicable laws and regulations.
- Personal information (in hard or soft copy) shall be securely destroyed after its intended use or as per the provisions of the applicable DPA.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
- We may disclose personal Information to affiliates, group companies and /or third parties strictly on confidential terms.
- We may disclose such information to third parties in order to provide you with customer support facilities, to comply with our legal obligations, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to the website and to avail services from third parties in order to improve and manage our services and for data analysis and market research.
- In the event of any requirement by court order, government, or quasi-government agency to disclose your personal information, we will disclose information as may be legally required. We may also disclose your personal information if we, in the good faith believe that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
- In the event, the company is merged with or acquired by another company or in case of re-organization or re-structuring of business, we and our affiliates will share your personal information, wholly or in part, with another business entity.
- Some of the personal data may also be shared with designated service/solution providers who act as sub-processors for designated purposes, such as marketing services, recruitment and payroll services, and other technical services such as emails, spam filtering, analytics, monitoring and troubleshooting etc.
- We contractually require our agents, service providers, and affiliates who may process personal data related to the Services to provide the same level of protections for personal data as required under the Principles and applicable laws and regulations.
USERS’ DATA RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Subject to applicable local laws and regulations, users may have some or all the following rights with respect to their personal data residing with us:
- To obtain a copy of your personal data together with information about how and on what basis that personal data is processed.
- To rectify inaccurate personal data (including the right to have incomplete personal data completed) To request for erasing your personal data residing with us, subject to specific context and Cookies policy
- To request for a restriction on processing personal data under certain circumstances.
- To port your data in machine-readable format to a third party (or to you).
- To withdraw your consent to us processing your personal data (where that processing is based on your consent).
- To lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in your region.
In relation to any such rights related aspects on Privacy, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that we may request proof of identity, and we reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, especially if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We will endeavour to respond to your request within all applicable timeframes.
In the case of personal information received from, and processed on behalf of our customers, since we are not the Data Controller, the applicability, details of methods and terms for requesting and fulfilling these rights will be defined and provided by our customers.
TheMathCompany is fully committed to enable and support our customers in this aspect, as per the data processing and service agreement(s) with our customers.
If you contact us regarding data collected by or on behalf of our customers for which we are acting as a data processor, we will attempt to refer your request to the relevant customer who acts as the data controller for your personal data.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions regarding our data privacy practices or need to report a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us on:
Attn: Data Protection Officer (DPO).
C/o Awfis Space Solutions Pvt. Ltd Sabari Complex, #24, 1st Floor, Residency Rd, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025.